By DK Publishing
Each customer to Amsterdam wishes an excellent map and an outstanding guidebook-now, for the 1st time, the 2 were mixed in a distinct structure at an unbeatable fee. completely sized to slot in a handbag or again pocket, the Eyewitness Pocket Map & advisor is a completely illustrated advisor to the entire significant sights-plus an creative fold-out map so that you won't ever consider misplaced. The consultant additionally comprises eating places, pubs, outlets and a mini-phrasebook. it is all you would like for an ideal time out and about-and for simply $6.99.
Read or Download Amsterdam Pocket Map & Guide PDF
Best travel books
Lonely Planet is familiar with Colombia. no matter if you must strill the cobbled streets of colonial Cartagena, bask on a stunning Caribbean seashore, pattern many of the world's most interesting java on a espresso plantation or sing their own praises your salsa strikes at a packed Cali nightclub, our fifth version takes you there.
Lonely Planet publications are written via specialists who get to the guts of each vacation spot they stopover at. This totally up-to-date version is jam-packed with exact, sensible and sincere suggestion, designed to offer you the knowledge you want to utilize your trip.
In This Guide:
Dedicated outside bankruptcy with hiking, diving and paragliding
Sizzling nightlife and eating alternatives for Bogota, Medellin and Cali
Revealed: l. a. Guajira, the Pacific Coast and different rising hotspots
* Full-color throughout!
* Insider suggestion on heading off the crowds as you hit all of the highlights of the 17 semi-autonomous areas of Spain, from the Prado in Madrid to the Guggenheim in Bilbao, from El Escorial to Granada's Alhambra. Plus guidance for navigating the country's beautiful yet less-traveled corners, together with Galicia within the northwest and Extremadura within the southwest.
* the place to discover the very best paella in Valencia, the most lovable vineyards in los angeles Rioja, the most well liked tapas in Sevilla, and the best suckling pig in Segovia.
* Insightful remark on Spain's excellent array of artwork and architectural masterpieces, from the outdated international classicism of Velazquez to the modernism of Picasso and Dalí.
* Opinionated experiences. No bland descriptions and lukewarm techniques. Our professional writers are captivated with their destinations--they inform it love it is in an enticing and important way.
* distinct costs indexed for each institution and activity--no different publications supply such exact, candid reports of lodges and eating places. We comprise the superior, but in addition emphasize reasonably priced offerings for actual people.
* effortless gains together with megastar rankings and certain icons to indicate readers to nice reveals, first-class values, insider information, most sensible bets for children, detailed moments, and overvalued reviews.
Oregon off the overwhelmed course gains the issues tourists and locals are looking to see and experience––if in basic terms they knew approximately them. From the easiest in neighborhood eating to quirky cultural tidbits to hidden sights, distinct unearths, and weird locales, Oregon Off the crushed direction takes the reader down the line much less traveled and divulges a facet of Oregon that different guidebooks simply don't supply.
Combining the extreme commentary of a nineteenth-century missionary, and the wit of a Monty Python participant, Redmond O'Hanlon is legendary for his adventurous go back and forth. His new problem is the Congo, the main harmful and inhospitable jungle on this planet.
- Lonely Planet Traveller (June 2015)
- Berlitz: Budapest Pocket Guide
- Not For Tourists Guide to London 2016
- The Rough Guide to Shanghai (3rd Edition)
Additional info for Amsterdam Pocket Map & Guide
Free concerts are given at the openluchttheater (open-air theatre) or at the bandstand in the summer. The park has around 100 plant species and 127 types of tree. Endemic wildlife mixes with a colony of parakeets. Cows, sheep, goats, and even a lone llama graze in the pastures. Façade of the Hollandsche Manege Vondelpark 6 Map D5. Stadhouderskade. Open 24 hrs daily. Open-air theatre Jun–last week Aug, Wed–Sun. Free. vondelpark, designed in English-landscape style with vistas, pathways and ponds, opened in 1865.
A replica of the enormous Koh-i-Noor diamond, one of the treasures of the British crown jewels, is in the entrance hall. In the factory goldsmiths and diamond-cutters produce customized jewellery in a range of styles, which are available over the counter. For serious diamond-buyers, there are private sales rooms where discretion is assured. New wing of Van Gogh Museum to perfection. In 1990, an elegant, oval-shaped, freestanding wing was added. The star van Gogh paintings on show are The Bedroom at Arles, Vase with Sunflowers and Wheatfield and Crows.
The design was inspired by paris’s Alexander III bridge. Museum Willet-Holthuysen 2 Map F5. Herengracht. Open daily except 25 Dec, 1 Jan, 30 Apr. Adm charge. Named after its last residents, this 1685 museum allows a glimpse of how the Blauwbrug is adorned with sculptures on nautical and maritime themes EASTERN CANAL RING 39 Magere Brug 5 Map F5. Amstel. of Amsterdam’s 1,400 bridges, magere Brug (Skinny Bridge) is probably the best known. The original drawbridge (built 1670) may have been named after the two mager sisters, who lived either side of the Amstel, or for its narrow (mager) design.